This one module interactive course is for anyone who works with children and young people in education settings.
This course aims to improve your understanding and approach to young people with dyslexia in a classroom environment.
It outlines key definitions and categorisations of dyslexia, including multiple learning difficulties and the dyslexia spectrum. It also includes information on the significance of a diagnosis, and how dyslexia can affect a child’s ability to write, read, physically coordinate themselves, and develop cognitive skills such as organisation. It also covers the process of raising concerns about a potentially dyslexic child, and the subsequent internal procedures that ought to be followed. Examples throughout aid understanding and embed learning.
Towards the end, this course provides insights into promoting dyslexia-friendly practice in your own school and covers how to communicate with dyslexic children and present information to them. It discusses technological interventions and ways to encourage their emotional wellbeing and self-confidence.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Two modules with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- Two CPD hours with a
- 70% pass mark.
- Optional narration of the module for accessibility
- Additional resources for further learning and
printablemodule for future reference.