Health and Safety in Education: Staff Awareness
This course is aimed at those who work within any educational establishment.
It delivers essential information to allow all staff to understand, follow and contribute to HSE compliant health and safety systems implemented by leadership.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- The legal position and who enforces health and safety law in the UK.
- Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Risk assessments - including the HSE’s 5-step process for undertaking them.
- The importance of communication, co-operation, co-ordination and consultation in your organisation.
- Statutory inspection, maintenance and monitoring of systems and equipment.
- Specific health and safety considerations including fire/emergency procedures, first aid, display screen equipment, working at height, manual handling, hazardous substances, electricity, welfare, asbestos, water hygiene and lone working.
Health and safety in Education: Staff Awareness, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Additional resources including downloadable infographics and additional scenarios to contextualise health and safety understanding.
- Printable module for future reference.
- Course id: 151
What customers say
Head of Learning Technologies, Solihull College