This course provides an overview of Autism for those that work with children and young people in education. It covers what autism is, its prevalence and causes, how it is diagnosed and the implications for pupil learning.
This course has been written in partnership with SEND specialists at Connect.
After completing this course you will:
- understand what autism is
- know the terminology used to describe autism
- learn about the prevalence of autism
- understand how autism is diagnosed
- be able to identify the indicators that may suggest the presence of autism
- recognise the ways that autism can affect learning
- understand how to report concerns about autism
- have learnt tips for an autism-friendly approach in classroom environments.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Written in partnership with experts at Connect.
Optionalnarration of the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and
printablemodule for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"I really enjoyed completing the EduCare modules. I found them to be interesting, informative and easy to follow. I particularly liked the fact that the modules were complemented with narration."
British Schools Yangon