Child Protection Advanced
Updated for KCSIE 2020
This course is for anyone who has previously completed a foundation child protection programme and wants to learn about the subject of safeguarding children and young people in greater detail.
Modules cover a range of subjects from child development, risk factors and forms of abuse, to significant case reviews, the legal framework and promoting good practice.
This training course was formerly entitled 'Child Protection Level 3' but has been renamed to avoid confusion. It is a Level 3 course with regards to academic
The course will complement any face-to-face training that staff may already have received, and provides evidence of learning.
The nine-module course delivers 9 CPD credits and covers:
- Child development
- Parenting and risk factors
- Forms of child abuse
- Specific Safeguarding Issues
- Recognising and Responding to Abuse
- Child Protection System
- Learning from Failure
- The Legal Framework
- Promoting Good Practice
Child Protection Advanced, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £65.00
Buy as part of a training package
Many of our customers choose to purchase this course alongside EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Online Safety, Safer Recruitment and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £65.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 9 hours
Target Audience All
- Level 3 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- Nine modules with nine multiple-choice questionnaires
- Nine CPD credits
Optionalnarration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
- Course id: 25212
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
I have just started the Child Protection – course, which I will also be getting for all my senior staff. For me, EduCare has saved lots of time and money because I have not had to send any of my staff out for training and cover their absence with agency staff.
Nathan Sweetman, Nursery Manager, Teddies Nursery
I thought this was excellent training. As a Headmaster, I am involved in Child Protection cases in the school. Whilst I was confident of the frameworks, etc, this training was very reassuring. Well done.
Alexander Mitchell, Headmaster, Holmwood House School
Very engaging content, easy to load, use and review. Very happy with the training.
Michael Peter Hewitt, Sound Waves South West