Search, Screen and Confiscate for Schools
Schools have a responsibility under health and safety legislation to minimise risks to pupils, staff and visitors, and they have statutory powers to make rules about pupil behaviour to facilitate this. Both searching and screening contribute to the safety of the school by enabling staff to identify and remove prohibited items such as weapons and alcohol.
This course covers:
- who can search and when?
- what you can search for the consent and without consent
- the statutory prohibited items
- items the school can ban at their own discretion
- examples of reasonable grounds for conducting a search
- the extent to which the staff can search
- how to conduct a search
- what to do if a pupil refuses to co-operate with a search
- different types of screening
- what staff should do with confiscated items
- what to do with electronic devices found during a search
- recording and reporting searches
- what the law says about searching, screening and confiscation
- good practice
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be purchased as part of EduCare for Education, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 Hour
Target Audience Education
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration for accessibility
- Personalised, downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face-to-face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Reading Blue Coat School