Dealing with Bereavement and Loss
Produced in partnership with Winston’s Wish, the UK’s first childhood bereavement charity, this course will help you understand what needs to be in place to support everyone involved with a bereavement in a school or college.
- the effects of grief on a child or young person
- how a death may impact school life, and how information about the death should be shared with pupils and staff
- how to manage potentially difficult topics and avoid unnecessarily painful comments when communicating with a bereaved pupil or student
- how to communicate with children and young people about tragic events in the media
- the factors relating to how children or young people will respond to a death
- how to ensure the bereaved pupil or student’s needs are respected and supported by all staff who come into contact with them
- what should be included in a bereavement policy and the guidance staff need to support everyone during a potentially difficult time
- when to seek further help and support on bereavement for children or young people, their families or even staff members within the school.
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 2 Hours
Target Audience Education
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits*
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
- Course id: 168
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face to face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Blue Coat School, Reading