The Prevent Duty
This course is designed to build your understanding of extremism and radicalisation, how people may be drawn into terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern. This course meets national Police approved standards.
The aim of Prevent is to reduce the threat of terrorism by stopping people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. This course will help to build your awareness and knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are, how people may be drawn in terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern about someone.
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
- what Prevent is
- what extremism and radicalisation are
- who may be vulnerable
- how people may be drawn
- how messages are spread
- the role of the internet and social media
- what organisations must do to comply with the Prevent duty
- support for individuals at risk
- reporting concerns.
The Prevent duty, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- It is a level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Multiple-choice questionnaire featuring scenario-based questions
- Delivers 1 CPD hour
- 70% pass mark
- Accredited by Secured by Design
- Meets national Police approved standards
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
I find the EduCare systems very effective. I have physically attended courses before and have gained much less knowledge from them. The courses are very easy to follow and cause you to reflect on the key points in the test phase.
Yorkshire Academy of Korean Martial Arts