The Prevent Duty
This course is accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards. The primary aim of this course is to build your awareness and knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are, how people may be drawn into terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern about a child or young person.
The aim of Prevent is to reduce the threat of terrorism by stopping people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. This course will help to build your awareness and knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are, how people may be drawn in terrorism and what you should do if you have a concern about a child or young person. This course is for anyone who works or volunteers in a school or childcare setting.
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
- what Prevent is
- what extremism and radicalisation are
- who may be vulnerable
- how people may be drawn into terrorism
- how messages are spread
- the role of the internet and social media
- what schools and childcare providers must do to comply with the Prevent duty
- support for individuals at risk
- reporting concerns.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- One simple and concise learning module containing the essential information on the subject
- One accompanying multiple-choice questionnaire designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
'The Prevent Duty’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. The Prevent Duty
This module covers what Prevent is and the three specific objectives of the Prevent strategy and what extremism and radicalisation are. This module also covers who may be vulnerable and factors that may have a bearing on someone becoming vulnerable. How messages are spread is also covered in this module along with the Prevent duty and you.
Test & Certificate
The Prevent Duty course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- It is a level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Multiple-choice questionnaire featuring scenario-based questions
- Delivers 1 CPD hour
- 70% pass mark
- Accredited by Secured by Design
- Meets national Police approved standards
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by