Understanding Low Mood and Depression
The purpose of this course is to help you support children and young people who may be experiencing low mood or depression.
Low mood causes us to feel sad, anxious or worried and is an appropriate reaction to things that we experience in life. Depression however, is more than simply feeling unhappy or fed-up for a few days. Written in partnership with the School and Public Health Nurses Association, this course will help you support children and young people who may be experiencing low mood or depression.
The course covers important aspects of low mood and depression such as:
- the difference between low mood and depression
- the main causes and indicators of low mood and depression
- the signs and symptoms of low mood and depression
- specific types of depression and the conditions of events related to them
- ways in which you can help and support people dealing with low mood and depression
- support available for people dealing with low mood and depression
- ways to communicate with people suffering from low mood and depression
- further help and support available (e.g. helplines and urgent support services)
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £11.99 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £11.99 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face-to-face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Phil Wise, Reading Blue Coat School