Food Hygiene and Safety
This Food Hygiene & Safety course is specifically designed for those who prepare and handle food, and is accredited by RoSPA.
This Food Hygiene & Safety course covers the importance of preparing food that is safe to eat and how you can contribute to producing safe food. It details the importance of good hygiene practices and how to maintain hygienic premises and equipment.
This four module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- how bacteria can cause food-borne illness
high riskfoods and food allergies
- contamination and food
spoilagesand how to control it
- effective hygiene
- the importance of storage
- HACCP and the law.
Food Hygiene and Safety, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £41.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of our training packages.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Contains essential information on all aspects of food hygiene including contamination, food-borne illnesses and legal responsibilities
- Available in online format only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate fully accredited by RoSPA
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
Food Hygiene & Safety is mandatory for childcare staff in order for them to prepare foods for snacks and tea for the children. We ask all staff to complete the course after their three month trial period. The training is convenient for the staff as they can complete the training online and in their own time.
- Romina Whitelock - Nursery Manager, Smartys Day Nursery