This course contains information on the signs and symptoms of both diabetes type 1 and 2 and provides specific first aid information for both adults and children suffering from the different types of diabetes. Course developed in partnership with SAPHNA.
This course will help you to understand diabetes, a serious condition where the body is no longer able to produce insulin, or produces too little, or uses it ineffectively. At
The course covers important aspects of diabetes such as:
- a look at type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- information on the signs and symptoms of both types
- useful management and treatment of diabetes
- specific first aid information for both adults and children
- important information on the treatment of a diabetic emergency
- procedures for emergency medication
- further information for schools
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
SAPHNA are delighted to have supported EduCare with the development of these four new courses. Offering practical advice and guidance to schools on medical issues, and giving staff the confidence to act, is very important as more and more schools are losing access to school nurses.
Sharon White, CEO, SAPHNA