Everyone involved in sport and education has an important role to play in the management of concussion and this course is designed to provide the essential knowledge to help keep everyone safe.
This course provides an overview of what a concussion is, how signs and symptoms may present in an injured person and how to manage the injury.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand what concussion is
- recognise the signs and symptoms that may suggest a concussion has occurred
- learn what the immediate and ongoing management of concussion should be
- be familiar with the “red flags” that indicate an injured person should be transferred for urgent medical assessment
- be able to identify what the risks are following a concussion and how they can be minimised
Concussion Awareness, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Sport and Education
- A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
- One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Produced in partnership with Return2Play.
- Additional resources include printable handouts and downloadable modules for future reference
- Course id: 155
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"We find the EduCare for Sport licence good value for money and the online learning system very easy to administer and monitor."
Head of Learning and Development at Edinburgh Leisure