Parental Responsibility in Schools
This course will help you to understand your obligations and duties in relation to the rights and responsibilities of parents. It references the law and government guidance and offers a range of scenarios for your consideration.
This course covers:
- The legal definition of a parent under family and education law
- An overview of parental rights and responsibilities
- Scenarios to establish who has parental responsibilities
- Examples of how court orders are used to resolve disputes
- Schools' legal requirements in relation to the admission register
- Communication between schools and parents, with real-life situations for discussion
- Dealing with conflict between parents and complaints
- Information on surname changes, safeguarding and additional support
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be purchased as an addition to EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 Hour
Target Audience Education
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits
- Optional narration for accessibility
- Personalised, downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
We purchased EduCare for Education to allow us to have control over our staff training from an educational and financial point. It has far exceeded our expectations in that all our staff have been able to complete training that has suited our small school perfectly.
Head Teacher, Laleham Lea School