Use of Reasonable Force in Schools
Whilst the use of reasonable force in schools should be seen as a last resort in handling a serious incident, this course explains when and how it may be used.
All school staff hope that they won’t have to use reasonable force, but as they have a duty of care towards their pupils, some situations may leave them with little choice. It is important to understand the circumstances when reasonable force may be used, and when it is not acceptable.
The main objectives for this course are:
- Understand what reasonable force is and who can use it.
- Learn when reasonable force can be used.
- Understand what happens in situations when reasonable force has been used.
- Identify good practice about incidents involving reasonable force.
Use of Reasonable Force in Schools, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Primary and Secondary Schools
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- Delivers 1 CPD credit
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Optional narration of each module for accessibility
- Course id: 112
Accredited / endorsed by