Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
This course looks at mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people, highlighting some signs and symptoms, along with myths and the stigma associated with mental health issues.
This course highlights some signs and symptoms, along with myths and the stigma associated with mental health issues. It provides advice for schools, individual teachers and other staff on how to support children with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.After completing this course you will:
- Understand what mental health is in the context of the mental health continuum.
- Be able to identify some common issues faced by young people with regard to mental health.
- Recognise some of the signs and symptoms that indicate mental health issues in young people.
- Understand key risk factors that make some young people vulnerable to mental health issues.
- Learn about protective factors that build resilience in young people and some of the myths and stigma surrounding mental health issues.
- Pick up practical advice to help you support young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £27.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- Four modules with multiple choice questionnaires.
- Four CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
Optionalnarration of each module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
- Developed with and fully endorsed by experts at Young Minds
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"We are currently using EduCare online courses across all 7 schools in the Group as they provide us with a flexible, on-demand solution for online staff training and development in a wide range of areas."
Martyn Wiggett, Training & Prof. Development Manager