Domestic Abuse: Children and Young People
Every day children and young people experience domestic abuse at home and can suffer a wide range of severe and long-lasting effects. The purpose of the course is to raise your awareness of children and young people who may be experiencing domestic abuse. Written in partnership with SafeLives, a national charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse.
The purpose of this course is to help you understand:
- What domestic abuse is and what forms it can take
- What controlling and coercive behaviour is
- The prevalence of domestic abuse
- They key risk factors to be aware of
- Some of the trigger events that can lead to violence
- The impact domestic violence can have
- What protective factors there are
- What to do when you suspect a child or young person is witnessing and/or experiencing domestic abuse
- What support, help and advice is available
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our cost-effective training packages which combine a wide range of courses into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 ex. VAT
Max. Duration 2 Hours
Target Audience Education, Health & Social Care
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits
Optionalnarration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
"EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face to face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation."
Reading Blue Coat School