First Aid Essentials
First Aid Essentials, produced with West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, aims to give the confidence needed to react in an incident when someone urgently needs help.
This First Aid Essentials course produced with West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, aims to give the confidence needed to react in an incident when someone urgently needs help.
The purpose of this course is to give you a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid. The course is not intended to teach you how to first aid, but it is designed to give you confidence to know what to do when someone urgently needs your help.
This three module course delivers three CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- providing basic life support
- how to react in life threatening situations
- how to deal with someone who is choking, drowning, seizing, bleeding or having an allergic reaction
- what to do if somebody has a broken bone or experienced a burn
- how to handle day-to-day incidents such as nose bleeds, insect bites, stings, sprains and strains and sunburn.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Three simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Three accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘First Aid Essentials’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. How to Perform Basic Life Support
This module covers the different categories of incidents that may require first aid treatment. This module looks at how to take charge of an incident and determine whether an injured or ill person is responsive or not.
2. How to Handle Other Life Threatening Serious Incidents
This module covers a range of life threatening to serious incidents that most people say they would not know how to handle. This module also covers the three important principles of first aid – if it’s hot, cool it, if it’s bleeding, stop it and if it’s broken, don’t move it.
3. How to Handle Day-To-Day Incidents
This module covers some of the more common day-to-day incidents that may require first aid for example nose bleeds, insect bites and fainting.
Test & Certificate
The First Aid Essentials course concludes with three multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 3 hours
- Provides a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Developed in conjunction with experts at West Midlands Ambulance Service Trust
- Certificate endorsed by the West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust provides evidence of learning
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
Accredited / endorsed by