Fire Safety in Education
Fire Safety in Education, written by expert authors and accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and RoSPA, provides the fundamental information needed to protect any education premises against fire.
Fire Safety in Education, written by expert authors and accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and ROSPA, provides the fundamental information needed to protect any education premises against fire, and offers guidance on how to ensure the safety of all staff and students.
This four module course delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the importance of fire safety training including legislation
- the nature of the fire
- fire hazards
- what to do in the event of a fire
- how to use a fire extinguisher.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Four simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Four accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Fire Safety in Education’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. The Nature of Fire
This module covers the basic understanding of the nature of fire so that it can improve your understanding and ability to prevent and respond to fire-related incidents. This module discusses what is required to start and maintain a fire, how fires can spread and the different types of fire.
2. Fire Risks
This module covers common fire risks and what you can do to reduce them and fire safety signage, including what the signs mean and where you can expect to see them.
3. Using Fire Extinguishers
This module covers the different types of fire extinguisher, and when and how to use them.
4. In the Event of a Major Fire
This module covers what you should do in the event of a larger, more serious fire.
Test & Certificate
The Fire Safety in Education course concludes with four multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
- Equips anyone who works in a school, college or other educational setting with practical day-to-day knowledge of fire safety
- The Fire Safety in Education course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Written by experts authors and accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and ROSPA
- Certificate fully accredited by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and ROSPA
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
I thoroughly enjoyed completing this course as the modules were concise and well put together. The modules are easy to read and understand and the illustrations are also helpful. Thank you.
Ramat Alliu-Mohammed, KAD Academy, Nigeria