The Equality & Diversity course is accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards. It is a concise course that explains the fundamentals of equality and diversity and how they affect you. This includes looking at the Equality Act 2010 and the ‘protected characteristics’ that form the basis of the law, as well some of the barriers that can prevent equality being realised, such as prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination, victimisation and harassment. This course can help introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher for current employees.
This one module course delivers one CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what equality and diversity mean and how they affect you
- barriers that can prevent equality from being realised such as prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- key legislation and both employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to it
- the Equality Act 2010 and the ‘protected characteristics’ that form the basis of the law.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- One simple and concise learning module containing the essential information on the subject
- One accompanying multiple-choice questionnaire designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Equality and Diversity’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- EduCare for Health
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
This module covers what equality and diversity mean and how they affect you, barriers that can prevent equality from being realised and key legislation and both employers’’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to it.
Test & Certificate
The Equality & Diversity course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
- Provides an introduction to the Equality Act 2010 and the ‘protected characteristics’ that form the basis of the law
- The Equality & Diversity course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD hour
- 70% pass mark
- This course is part of the EduCare Business Skills Online range: short, jargon-free sessions on essential business topics
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
Great suite of training perfectly suited to the education setting, allowing training to be drip-fed in a meaningful way.
Ian Thorpe, Downsend School
I find the EduCare systems very effective. I have physically attended courses before and have gained much less knowledge from them. The courses are very easy to follow and cause you to reflect on the key points in the test phase. I had a slight technical problem (possibly down to my computer) which was resolved quickly by the support team.
David Marriott, Yorkshire Academy of Korean Martial Arts
The training was concise and simple, which made the online learning experience easy and pleasant.
Odessa Santos, Rodericks Ltd