The purpose of this course is to help you understand what self-harm is, why someone self-harms and how to support the individual.
Self-harm is when somebody intentionally damages or injures their body. A person may use physical pain as a way of distracting themselves from emotional pain, giving them temporary relief. Written in partnership with the School and Public Health Nurses Association, the purpose of this course is to help you understand why someone self-harms and know how to support the individual.
The course covers important aspects of self-harm such as:
- what self-harm is and why people self-harm
- common triggers
- different types of self-harm
- indicators that someone may be self-harming
- the support in place to help someone who is self-harming
- ways of accessing support for someone who is self-harming
- further support on self-harm (e.g. services and helplines)
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face-to-face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Phil Wise, Reading Blue Coat School