Child Neglect is written to raise your awareness of neglect and to help you to understand the factors that may contribute to it.
This purpose of this course is to raise your awareness of neglect and help you to understand the factors that may contribute to it. The signs and indicators of neglect will be covered and this course will help you recognise and know what action you should take to report it. Finally, there is advice on how you can support a child or young person who is experiencing neglect.
This course is suitable for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people of any age in any setting.
This three module course delivers three CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what neglect is and how common it is
- the different areas of a child or young person's life that neglect may touch and the cost of neglect to society
- the key components of effective parenting and the factors that may contribute to child neglect
- the work of professionals in children's social care, whose job it is to weigh up all the factors and consider interventions to protect children who may be at risk of harm
- the signs and indicators that should alert you to the possibility a child or young person is being neglected and how to report your concerns.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Three simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Three accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Health
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
This module will cover the basic forms of neglect, children’s key developmental milestones and what harm and neglect can do.
2. Why are Children Neglected?
This module will cover the key components of effective parenting and the factors that may contribute to child neglect.
3. Recognising and Reporting Child Neglect
This module will cover the signs and indicators that should alert you to the possibility a child or young person is being neglected and how to report your concerns.
Test & Certificate
The Child Neglect course concludes with three multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 3 hours
- Written for people who have already undergone basic child protection training
- The Child Neglect course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Features audio clips of children's experiences
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by