Serious Youth Violence
The impact serious youth violence has on individuals and the community is significant. Written in partnership with The Children’s Society, this course raises awareness of this major issue.
The purpose of this course is to help you understand:
- what is meant by the terms 'serious youth violence'
- how serious youth violence impacts upon communties
- what we already know about serious youth violence
- the vulnerabilities and risk factors that can lead to criminal exploitation
- the process of recruitment and the four main stages; targeting, experience, hooked and trapped
- child criminal exploitation, county lines and their definitions
- what a gang is and the terminologies such as 'gang', 'youth group' and 'serious organised crime group'
- further information on 'Organised Crime Groups' (OCG) and 'Serious Organised Crime Groups' (SOCG)
- details on a report from the Children's Commissioner
- it is estimated there are 27,000 children in England who self-identify as being gang members
- tens of thousands more are said to be on the periphery
- current statistics published by The Office of National Statistics
- the reasons why young people say they carry weapons and the different criminal offences associated
- contextual safeguarding and the importance of early intervention
- the importance of the correct language, including terminology used by both professionals and young people
- signs and behaviours to look out for
- case studies to help you understand what young people can and do experience
- next steps to support
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our cost-effective training packages which combines a wide range of courses into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 ex. VAT
Max. Duration 2 Hours
Target Audience Education, Health & Social Care
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- Two modules with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits
Optionalnarration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
- Course id: 190
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
"I have now been using the EduCare programme to support understanding in Child Protection and Safeguarding for over 5 years. It is an invaluable resource which allows learners to work at their own pace and also organisations to provide a broad and detailed level of support to staff."