The purpose of this course is to help you understand how technology is changing, the nature of children and young people’s online world, and the risk and protective factors when going online. The course has a wide range of practical advice on what can be done by you as an individual and by any organisation you work for. The course was written in partnership with Childnet International, a non-profit organisation working with others to help make the internet a great and safe place for children.
This two-module course will help you to understand the following:
- Understanding Online Safety
- Violent and extreme content
- Potential risk factors
- Types of content
- How children can make and receive contact online
- Conduct (e.g. Sexting, Online reputaton)
- The law and statutory guidance
- Developing a Safe Online Culture
- Positive conversations
- Promoting good practice
- Scenario (Short-term & long-term actions)
- Further support available
Online Safety, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £27.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £27.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience All
- Two modules with two multiple-choice questionnaires
- Three CPD credits
- Optional narration for accessibility
- Personalised, downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
"We put our Group Leaders through the Child Protection courses. For us, the main benefits of EduCare were that it covered the NVQ requirements and was a useful, flexible training tool to reach people who need the information but could not always attend a training session."
Jo Mortimer, Apprenticeship Course Manager, PGL Travel