Online Safety, which meets national Police approved standards, will help you to understand the potential risks and dangers associated with keeping children and young people safe online.
Knowing the potential risks and being able to encourage responsible and safe use of the internet is vital to help safeguard children online. On completion of this course you will have gained an understanding of:
- how technology is changing and its effects
- what children and young people do online
- the risks that technology can pose
- which children are more vulnerable
- what we can do as individuals
- good practice guidelines.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Two simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Two accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. Online Safety - Module One
This module includes what is meant by 'Digital natives' and what is online exploitation and the associated risks. This module also covers what are children doing online and the risks involved such as gaining a poor online reputation and the types of online bullying.
2. Online Safety - Module Two
This module covers which children are most likely to be vulnerable and explains the Spectrum of Vulnerability. This module also covers the four Cs for potential risks that face children online and what we can do as individuals. Finally the module covers what we should teach children and young people.
Test & Certificate
The Online Safety course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaire with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
In association with
Expert author Jonathan Taylor MSc - Social Media & Online Safety Consultant, and former Covert Internet Investigator within the Metropolitan Police Child Abuse Investigation Command.
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Available online
- Delivers 2 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
- This course includes the Breck Bednar case study and the Spectrum of Vulnerability.
- Includes voiceover so you can learn by listening.
Accredited / endorsed by