Online Safety, which meets national Police approved standards, will help you to understand the potential risks and dangers associated with keeping children and young people safe online.
Knowing the potential risks and being able to encourage
- how technology is changing and its effects
- what children and young people do online
- the risks that technology can pose
- which children are more vulnerable
- what we can do as individuals
- good practice guidelines.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course is half price throughout February and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Test & Certificate
The Online Safety course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaire with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
In association with
Expert author Jonathan Taylor MSc - Social Media & Online Safety Consultant, and former Covert Internet Investigator within the Metropolitan Police Child Abuse Investigation Command.
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Available online
- Delivers 2 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
- This course includes the Breck Bednar case study and the Spectrum of Vulnerability.
- Includes voiceover so you can learn by listening.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"EduCare for Education is a brilliant way for teachers and others working in schools to remind themselves of their duty of care to their pupils. As this vital aspect of the job changes, whether as a consequence of new technology, or changes in the law, EduCare constantly refreshes and updates courses, so they are kept interesting, accurate and relevant. There is no better way for a busy teacher or governor to keep up to date with their pastoral role. Many thanks to the EduCare team."
Teacher of the Deaf Heston Community School