Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure
Encouraging children and young people to participate in sport or physical activity has countless benefits, ranging from improved physical and mental health to promoting friendships and building confidence. Voluntary organisations, and public and private sector providers play an important role. Anybody involved in organising, delivering or supervising sport and active leisure activities has a responsibility for child protection.
This course will help to raise your awareness of abuse and neglect, to recognise early signs that might indicate a problem and show you how to take action if you know or suspect that a child or young person needs help.
This course is Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Health (CIMSPA) endorsed CPD training and is also endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives who are leading experts in child protection.
- child development
- categories of child abuse
- responding to abuse and creating a safe environment
Child Protection Sport and Active Leisure, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £27.00 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of our training packages.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £27.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work or voluntary activities in a sports or active leisure setting
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD credits.
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by experts at CIMSPA, Kidscape and Family Lives
- Certificate accredited by Kidscape and Family Lives
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"The Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure course is part of our Welcome and Induction for new staff. Everyone completes the course within their first week. They like how they can train at their own pace and that they can print off their certificate of completion. We find the EduCare for Sport licence good value for money and the online learning system very easy to administer and monitor."
Head of Learning and Development