Safeguarding Young People
Safeguarding Young People, endorsed by established youth organisations, provides the key information needed to help raise your awareness of young people who may be vulnerable because of their age, relative inexperience, past abusive experiences or current circumstances.
Safeguarding Young People is written for those who work with young people aged 16-25 in further education colleges, but the principles of the course apply to anybody who comes into contact with young people in their work or voluntary activity.
This four module course delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- who may be vulnerable
- the signs and indicators of abuse
- what to do if a young person confides abuse to you
- recording and reporting procedures
- organisational good practice guidelines
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Four simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Four accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Safeguarding Young People’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
This module covers what abuse is and who may be vulnerable or ‘at risk’, what abuse is and circumstances that may mean a young person is especially vulnerable and the ten categories of abuse.
2. Signs and Indicators of Abuse
This module covers the signs and indicators of abuse and the importance of always being alert to the possibility of it happening and the barriers to reporting abuse or harm.
3. Responding to Safeguarding Concerns and Disclosures
This module covers what you should do if you receive a disclosure or if you have concerns that a person may be experiencing abuse, neglect or exploitation. This modules also covers ways to start a difficult conversation should you need to and the correct way to record and report the information given to you, including passing it on to your organisation’s designated safeguarding person.
4. Good Practice Guidelines
This module covers current legislation and guidance and good practice guidelines to safeguard the welfare of young people at risk and protect those who support them from false allegations.
Test & Certificate
The Safeguarding Young People course concludes with four multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding for anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable young people through their work in a further education college
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by UK Youth, YMCA Training and Youth Federation
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
Accredited / endorsed by