Substance Misuse Risks
This course covers the issues surrounding substance misuse risks among children and young people, practical advice on the action to take to help and provide support.
This course gives practical advice on the action to take to help and support young people.
By the end of this course you will:
- have a greater awareness of what substance misuse is and its prevalence
- understand the categories of drugs and their effects
- know more about the law and consequences
- have an increased understanding of why young people use drugs and alcohol
- recognise the early signs of drug or alcohol use that might indicate a concern
- understand the impact that substance misuse has on a family
- know how to take action if you know or suspect that a child or young person is using drugs or alcohol.
Substance Misuse Risks, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience All
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising two modules and two questionnaires
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Written in partnership with experts at Mentor UK
- Additional resources include printable handouts and downloadable modules for future reference.
- The EduSafe Resources Bank (available as part of an EduCare for Education® service) also provides additional interactive guides to help support parents, carers and young people.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"The EduCare training modules include a wide variety of sources of information and a very current view of the issue. They are the fastest and most thorough way of accessing information for myself or my team."
Student Support Coordinator, Burntwood School