Substance Misuse Risks
The aim of this two-module course is to increase school staff’s awareness of what substance misuse is and recognise the early indicators of misuse.
The modules in this course will cover the following content:
- What is Substance Misuse?
Module one explores the different categories of drugs, their effects, the prevalence of drug use, and why young people may use them.
- Responding to Children’s Needs around Alcohol and Drugs
Module two explores how to recognise the early indicators of misuse, the role of the school, good practice in supporting struggling young people, and what agencies and professional support services you can signpost to.
Reflective questions throughout the course offer learners additional opportunities to think about their understanding of appropriate disciplinary action within school and consider how they create a safe, inclusive working environment.
Substance Misuse Risks, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience All
- A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising two modules and two questionnaires
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Additional resources include printable handouts and downloadable modules for future reference.
- The EduSafe Resources Bank (available as part of an EduCare for Education® service) also provides additional interactive guides to help support parents, carers and young people.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"The EduCare training modules include a wide variety of sources of information and a very current view of the issue. They are the fastest and most thorough way of accessing information for myself or my team."
Student Support Coordinator, Burntwood School