The purpose of this course is to help you support children and young people who may be experiencing anxiety.
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, fear and unease. Everyone will feel anxious or stressed at some point in their life; these are natural emotional responses to some situations. Written in partnership with the School and Public Health Nurses Association, the purpose of this course is to help you support children and young people who may be experiencing anxiety
The course covers important aspects of anxiety such as:
- the types of anxiety and common causes
- symptoms which a young person may experience both physically and psychologically
- the typical signs of anxiety to look out for in a child or young person
- the common triggers for anxiety
- panic attacks and the typical symptoms people may experience and exercises on how to reduce them
- why someone may be suffering from anxiety and suggested self-help methods
- other support methods you can offer someone suffering from anxiety
- further support on anxiety (e.g. services and helplines available)
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face-to-face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Phil Wise, Reading Blue Coat School