This course on recognising and preventing bullying behaviour, endorsed by experts at Bullying UK and Family Lives, covers what bullying is, who is affected by bullying, the part technology can play, the damaging physical and emotional effects and the actions you can take to tackle it in your organisation or setting.
The purpose of this course, endorsed by experts at Bullying UK and Family Lives, is to help you understand, recognise and prevent bullying behaviour. Looking at evidence from research, this course will cover who may be affected, the effects of bullying in organisations, as well as what you can do as an individual to play your part.
This four module course delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what bullying is, including the five key components of bullying behaviour
- who is affected by bullying, as there are some groups of people who are likely to be more affected than others.
- the part that technology can play in bullying behaviour
- how to recognise a child who may be being bullied and the damaging physical and emotional effects
- the actions you can take to tackle bullying in your organisation or setting.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Four simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Four accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. What is Bullying Behaviour?
This module covers the definition of bullying and what bullying is looking at the five key components of bullying behaviour. Who is affected by bullying and which groups of people are more likely to be affected than others is also covered. Finally looking at the different forms of bullying and the part that technology can play in bullying behaviour.
2. The Effects of Bullying Behaviour
This module covers the typical characteristics of people who may experience bullying behaviour, those who perpetrate the behaviour and the people who observe and sometimes participate in the behaviour. Behavioural signs that might suggest a child is being bullied and effects that bullying can have both at the time of experience and in later life is also covered.
3. Dealing with Bullying Behaviour
This module covers what you can do to tackle bullying behaviour, how to break up gangs and if you work in a school, what to do about bullying in playgrounds and outside of school. Finally this module looks at what you can do to prevent bullying occurring in your organisation.
4. Preventing Bullying Behaviour
This module covers what your organisation and you personally can do to prevent bullying behaviour and stop it when it occurs.
Test & Certificate
The Preventing Bullying course concludes with four multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
- Covers the fundamentals of understanding, recognising and preventing bullying behaviour
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Certificate accredited by Bullying UK and Family Lives
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Endorsed by experts at Bullying UK and Family Lives
Accredited / endorsed by