Administration of Medication in Schools
Schools and early years settings must have a policy and procedures in place for the administration of medication to children and young people. This course contains statutory and non-statutory guidance on the operation of such a system and the responsibilities of staff and parents.
The purpose of this course is to help you understand:
- The laws that apply to the administration of medication
- The principles for safe practice in administering medication
- The training requirements for schools, including how to administer prescribed medicine and awareness training for relevant medical conditions
- The requirements for record keeping, including consent forms and records of all medicines administered to individual children
- Planning for activities outside of school, such as school trips and residential visits
- The policies and procedures schools should have in place
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 Hours
Target Audience Education
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits
Optionalnarration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
- Course id: 175
Accredited / endorsed by