Updates for Keeping children safe in education (KCSIE) 2018
To ensure all our customers are up to-to-date and compliant with latest statutory guidance and best practice, EduCare is updating the portfolio of Child Protection and Safeguarding courses that relate to Keeping children safe in education (KCSIE). Read our news article to find out more about how the courses will be updated.
The following courses will all be updated in readiness for the update to KCSIE on 3rd September 2018:
We are currently working on the following new content:
- The importance of self-evaluation - developed in partnership with the Pre-school Learning Alliance
- Nutrition in the Early Years - developed in partnership with the Pre-school Learning Alliance
- Child Protection in Dental Practices – co-written by an experienced Dental practitioner – will automatically be included in the EduCare for Health: Dental training package.
- School Attendance and Children Missing Education - a dedicated four-module course written by our Expert Partners at ACE Education (Education) which will form part of a 4 course Education Law package that can be bought as an addition to our EduCare for Education® service.
We are also working to refresh the following courses:
- School Exclusions - minor updates to reflect the updated statutory guidance; the information in the current course is still accurate.
- EduCare for Health & Social Care - courses within the package will be updated to reflect latest good practice guidelines and the updates to the Data Protection Regulation.