How to be an Effective Fire Warden or Fire Marshal
This course is aimed at employees who undertake additional fire safety roles and responsibilities in the form of fire marshals or fire wardens as part of their daily duties.
The course is appropriate for employees who undertake additional specific roles and responsibilities as identified within your organisational fire safety management systems, fire risk assessment and emergency evacuation plans.
The course covers:
- The importance of effective fire safety procedures
- The legal position and the requirement for effective safety management systems that demonstrate statutory compliance
- what should be included in a fire policy and procedure
- the systems required to ensure the safety of vulnerable people such as employees or visitors with disabilities
- fire wardens and fire marshals and what their roles and responsibilities entail
- the fire triangle and the common causes of fire in the workplace
- top five fire hazards and how to manage them in a safe and effective way
- the different classes of fire and their meanings
- how to prevent the spread of fire and what you need to know to save lives in the event of
- fire measures, drills, signage, fire detection to aid in the safe evacuation of a building in the event of a fire and the uses of a range of firefighting equipment.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
duty of care training essential
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience All
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- Two CPD credits*
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
EduCare provides a clear and simple mechanism to train staff in a variety of crucial and mandatory areas. Staff numbers continue to grow and time to deliver training face to face is becoming ever scarcer due to increased legislation.
Reading Blue Coat School