Child Protection Level 3
This level 3 course provides a thorough understanding of child protection by covering a breadth of topics relevant to anybody with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people.
This level 3 course provides a thorough understanding of child protection by covering a breadth of topics relevant to anybody with a responsibility for safeguarding children and young people. The nine-module course delivers 9 CPD hours and covers:
- child development and negative influences on it
- parenting capacity
- the forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- the legal framework
- working together
- and good practice.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- 9 simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- 9 accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Child Protection – Level 3’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. Child Development
This module covers what a child needs to develop, the different stages of child development and the negative influences on a child’s development.
2. Parenting and Risk Factors
This module covers the key components of parenting and the risk factors that may affect a parent or carer’s capacity to parent effectively.
3. Forms of Abuse
This module covers what child abuse is and the definitions and signs of abuse.
4. Other Harm
This module covers how children can be harmed in other ways and the effects of abuse.
5. Responding to Abuse
This module covers the signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you or if you have concerns about a child’s welfare.
6. Reporting Abuse and the Child Protection System
This module covers how you should report abuse and what happens after you have reported your concerns.
7. Learning from Failure
This module covers the serious case reviews for Daniel Pelka, the Jeremy Forrest case and Peter Connelly (‘Baby P’) and lessons learned.
8. The Legal Framework
This module will cover the key legislation and guidance concerning child protection.
9. Working Together
This module will cover working together and good practice in protecting children and young people.
Test & Certificate
The Child Protection – Level 3 course concludes with nine multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 9 hours
- Provides an opportunity for anyone who has undergone basic child protection training to learn about the subject in greater detail and at a higher level
- Endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- The Child Protection Level 3 course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 3 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 9 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Fully certificated to evidence learning
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
I have just started the Child Protection – Level 3 course, which I will also be getting for all my senior staff. For me, EduCare has saved lots of time and money because I have not had to send any of my staff out for training and cover their absence with agency staff.
Nathan Sweetman, Nursery Manager, Teddies Nursery
I thought this was excellent training. As a Headmaster, I am involved in Child Protection cases in the school. Whilst I was confident of the frameworks, etc, this training was very reassuring. Well done.
Alexander Mitchell, Headmaster, Holmwood House School
Very engaging content, easy to load, use and review. Very happy with the training.
Michael Peter Hewitt, Sound Waves South West