Health and Safety in Education
Health & Safety in Education will give all staff working in a school or college a comprehensive, basic knowledge of health and safety.
This Health & Safety in Education course, accredited by RoSPA, meets the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) ‘Working Safely’ standards and will give anyone working in an educational setting basic knowledge of health and safety. It covers the essential facts to help you work more safely and contribute to the overall safety of your organisation.
This six module course delivers six CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- an introduction to health and safety, the fundamental concepts and risk assessment
- common workplace health and safety hazards and how to control them
- improving performance
- the Plan,Do,Check, Act approach to managing health and safety
- emergency procedures, accident investigation and first aid.
What are my buying options?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Health & Safety in Education' course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. An Introduction to Working Safely
This module covers how to manage and control hazards to protect people at work and comply with the law. This module also covers what is a risk assessment and how they are carried out including the five step approach that should be taken.
2. Common Health and Safety Hazards Part 1
This module focuses on common safety hazards in the workplace and how to control them looking at what employers must do to comply with COSHH, general precautions, equipment and hazardous substances amongst others.
3. Common Health and Safety Hazards Part 2
This module alike to the last module focuses on common safety hazards in the workplace and how to control them and includes working at height, manual handling, computer workstations and Noise.
4. Managing Health & Safety
This module covers how health and safety issues should be organised and controlled to protect people and improve safety. This module contains public sector information published by the Health and Safety Executive and licensed under the Open Government Licence.
5. Accidents and Emergencies
This module covers accidents and emergencies looking at preventing accidents from happening by ensuring all safety precautions, controls and procedures are in operation. This module will also look at what can go wrong and the procedures needed to deal with these unplanned events.
Test & Certificate
The Health & Safety in Education course concludes with five multiple choice questionnaires and a proficiency test to reinforce your knowledge with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 6 hours
- The Health & Safety course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Accredited by RoSPA
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses).
- Delivers 6 CPD hours
- 80% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by