EduCare are seeking a passionate and creative Production Executive/Instructional Designer to join the growing team in Leamington Spa.
Data Protection is a concise programme that explains the fundamentals of the Data Protection Act 1998, including its overarching principles and what organisations must do to comply with them. This programme can help introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher for current employees.
Data Protection is a concise programme that explains the fundamentals of Data Protection Act 1998, including its overarching principles and what organisations must do to comply with them. This programme can help introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher for current employees.
This two module programme delivers two CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- an introduction to the Data Protection Act 1998
- who the Act applies to and its overarching principles
- what organisations must do to comply with it
- the Freedom of Information Act, its principles and how it affects data protection
- Caldicott Guardians and the role they play.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training programmes that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the programme, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online programme
- One simple and concise learning module containing the essential information on the subject
- One accompanying multiple-choice questionnaire designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the programme pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple programme instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘An Introduction to Data Protection’ programme can be included alongside other programmes as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of programmes relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own programmes from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this programme? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire programme tailored to your exact requirements
1. Module 1
This module covers the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 including the purpose of the Act, it requirements and the extra rules for organisations that hold sensitive information. This module also covers what needs to be considered when processing personal information.
2. Module 2
This module covers what is required to protect personal information online, handling information requests and charging for them. Finally this module looks at the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and how it affects data protection.
Test & Certificate
The Data Protection programme concludes with two multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
- Covers the importance of data protection in business and explains the basics of the Data Protection Act 1998
- This programme is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 2 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- This programme is part of the EduCare Business Skills Online range: short, jargon-free sessions on essential business topics
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- The product is accredited by Secured by Design and meets Police approved standards
Accredited / endorsed by