The SEND Code of Practice
This course provides an overview of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years, first published in July 2014 and revised in January 2015. The course explains how the reforms affect those in an educational setting. The Code of Practice is statutory guidance and a wide range of organisations must have regard to it.
The SEND Code of Practice covers the principles of the statutory guidance and the duties of local authorities, education, health and others to co-operate and work together to support children and young people, and fully involve them in their support.
It explains what form the support should take, and in particular what those in an educational setting must do to comply.
This four module course delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0-25 years
- what those in education must do for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Education, Health and Care assessments and Plans
- maintaining and reviewing the EHC Plan.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £40.00 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- The course comprises of four modules and four questionnaires
- Available online only
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
Accredited / endorsed by