School Exclusions for IRP
This course covers the duties of Independent Review Panel (IRP) members and clerks as outlined in the DfE Exclusions Guidance 2017.
After completing the course, panel members and clerks will be familiar with the exclusions process and be more confident in meeting their statutory duties. This course is written with Ace Education, a leading expert in education advice and is arranged in four modules which cover:
- context and general overview
- the school
decisionto exclude - lawful, reasonable and fair
- fairness and equality legislation
- IRP roles and the decision-making process.
An Independent Review Panel (IRP) is made up of three people from each of the following groups:
- A Lay Member who acts as the Chairman. This person will not have worked in any school in a paid capacity (they could have been a Governor or volunteer)
- A School Governor who has served as a Governor for at least 12 consecutive months in the last five years
- A current Headteacher or retired Headteacher (within the last 5 years)
In order to be fair and impartial, none of the Panel can serve if they have a connection to the child/parent or the school.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £40.00 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be combined with the School Exclusions for Headteachers and Governors and School Attendance and Children Missing Education courses, and bought as the Education Law for Management addition to our complete safeguarding and duty of care e-learning service, EduCare for Education®.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £40.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Education
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- Four modules with four multiple choice questionnaires.
- Four CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Written in partnership with ACE Education.
Optionalnarration of the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
- Course id: 147
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
We purchased EduCare for Education to enable us to train all our staff in one go, but at their own pace and in their own time. It’s very flexible and
Head Teacher, Walthamstow Hall Junior School