Data Protection is a concise course that explains the fundamentals of the Data Protection Act 1998, including its overarching principles and what organisations must do to comply with them.
This course can help introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher for current employees.
- an introduction to the Data Protection Act 1998
- who the Act applies to and its overarching principles
- what organisations must do to comply with it
- the Freedom of Information Act, its principles and how it affects data protection
- Caldicott Guardians and the role they play.
Data Protection, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £17.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Covers the importance of data protection in business and explains the basics of the Data Protection Act 1998
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 2 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- This course is part of the EduCare Business Skills Online range: short, jargon-free sessions on essential business topics
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- The product is accredited by Secured by Design and meets Police approved standards
Accredited / endorsed by