A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education
This course offers practical advice for staff working within an education setting that deal with personal data. The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data is accessible according to specific criteria.
The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data is accessible according to specific criteria. This course is applicable to education settings including pre-school, schools, colleges and universities.
This course outlines key elements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an education setting and will help you to understand:
- what personal data is and how it is used
- why there is a need for change in data protection
- the new GDPR
- new legal requirements
- data maps
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- disposing of data and recycling
- new rights for ‘data subjects’
- promoting good practice through the use of practical scenarios
A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £20.00 and you can buy online today.
Buy alongside a training package
A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education can be bought as an addition to our EduCare for Education® service. Please contact us if you would like more information or a quotation.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association withThe course content is written in partnership with Cindi Pride, Deputy Headteacher with significant school experience in preparing for the GDPR.
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- One interactive module with related scenarios and a multiple choice questionnaire.
- Two CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
Optionalnarration of the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and
printablemodule for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"I have recommended EduCare for Education to other schools in my area. The courses are very authoritative – they contain some brilliant modules which really help in the day-to-day running of the school."
Carleton Endowed School