A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education
This course offers practical advice for staff working within an education setting that deal with personal data. The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data is accessible according to specific criteria.
The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data is accessible according to specific criteria. This course is applicable to education settings including pre-school, schools, colleges and universities.
This course outlines key elements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an education setting and will help you to understand:
- what personal data is and how it is used
- why there is a need for change in data protection
- the new GDPR
- new legal requirements
- data maps
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- disposing of data and recycling
- new rights for ‘data subjects’
- promoting good practice through the use of practical scenarios
A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £20.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association withThe course content is written in partnership with Cindi Pride, Deputy Headteacher with significant school experience in preparing for the GDPR.
Key features and benefits
Price £20.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- One interactive module with related scenarios and a multiple choice questionnaire.
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
Optionalnarration of the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and
printablemodule for future reference.
- Course id: 149
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
“There is enough of a basic introduction for this to be applicable for all staff, for them to apply both to their work role and to recognise the impact of the regulations on the way that data is used within their private life. Whilst the content is unavoidably dry, the details are delivered in a very clear, precise way with no ambiguity. What I liked particularly were the real-life scenarios with suggested solutions. Not only would these resonate with people who would recognise such concerns from within their own institution, but the solutions offered were practical without being patronising. Using such real-life scenarios also helped to 'lift' the experience into something which quite clearly would have an impact on
Federation of Greenways School