What are Ofsted looking for in a safeguarding policy?
In the latest video in our EduCare Voices series on YouTube, the CEO of an Academy Trust, a Headteacher, and a Safeguarding Training Consultant are among the experts discussing how to create effective and meaningful safeguarding policies.
The video covers advice on:
- Making sure your policies reflect the latest statutory guidance - such as Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2018
- Keeping policies brief and easy to read
- Ensuring a safeguarding policy is unique to the school it is written for
- Ensuring safeguarding policy links to your other policies
- Why you should revisit and regularly check the content of your safeguarding policy
- Make children and parents aware of the document and what it means
- Looking beyond physical safety and focus on a policy that will create a safe environment where children can thrive.
Denise Newsome of Learning Without Limits Academy Trust summarises it well: “Ofsted
Our portfolio of safeguarding and duty of care online training courses include guidance on creating effective policies.