Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure
Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, written with Kidscape and Family Lives, is written for those who work with children and young people in a sport or leisure setting.
Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives is written for those who work with children and young people in a sport or leisure setting. Its purpose is to raise your awareness of abuse and neglect, help you to recognise early signs there might be a problem, and show you how to take appropriate action.
It is important for anyone that works with children and young people in any sport or leisure capacity to be aware of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
This five module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Five simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Five accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. Child Development
This module covers what a child needs to develop, the different stages of child development and negative influences on child's development.
2. Forms of Abuse
This module covers the different forms of child abuse, the effects of child abuse and the myths surrounding child abuse.
3. Recognising and Responding to Abuse
This module will cover the signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you or if you have concerns about a child's welfare.
4. Reporting Abuse and the Child Protection System
This module covers how you should report abuse and what happens after you have reported your concerns.
5. Good Practice
This module will cover what you and your organisation can do to ensure that the children in your care stay safe from harm.
Test & Certificate
The Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure course concludes with five multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work or voluntary activities in a sports or active leisure setting
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by experts at Kidscape and Family Lives
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Certificate accredited by Kidscape and Family Lives
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
ESR have sourced an online learning course, Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, for all working in a sports or active leisure environment. The course provides an excellent introduction to safeguarding children and young people and will assist coaches to recognise the early warning signs of possible abuse.
Louise Pickford, National Coaching Manager, England Squash