EduCare are seeking a passionate and creative Production Executive/Instructional Designer to join the growing team in Leamington Spa.
This Food Hygiene & Safety programme covers the importance of preparing food that is safe to eat and how you can contribute to producing safe food. It details the importance of good hygiene practices and how to maintain hygienic premises and equipment.
This four module programme delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- how bacteria can cause food-borne illness
- recognising high risk foods and food allergies
- contamination and food spoilages and how to control it
- effective hygiene
- the importance of storage
- HACCP and the law.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training programmes that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the programme, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online programme
- Four simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Four accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires and a proficiency test designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the programme pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple programme instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This ‘Food Hygiene & Safety' programme can be included alongside other programmes as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of programmes relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own programmes from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Sport
- EduCare for Health
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this programme? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire programme tailored to your exact requirements
1. Food-Borne Illness, Bacteria and Prevention
This module covers what causes foodborne illness and the symptoms of food poisoning. It also covers the role that bacteria play in causing illness and spoiling food, in detail looking at the guilty parties (pathogenic bacteria) and how they operate. This module also helps to recognise high-food risks and food allergies and covers established foods that are most unlikely to be unsafe.
2. Contamination, Spoilage and Prevention of Food Poisoning
This module covers the different types of contamination and the sources of contamination looking at where it can occur. This module also covers how bacteria moves about, food spoilages and the methods of control.
3. Personal Hygiene and Effective Cleaning
This module covers the importance of personal hygiene, including the principles of good hand hygiene, wearing clean personal protective equipment and the importance of not wearing jewellery and covering up spots and scratches. This module also covers the different aspects of maintaining hygienic premises and equipment, as well as cleaning and disinfecting and the correct way to dispose of rubbish.
4. Storage, HACCP and the Law
This module focuses on the safe storage of food and the importance of good storage facilities. This module also looks at Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and the law.
Test & Certificate
The Food Hygiene & Safety programme concludes with four multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
- Contains essential information on all aspects of food hygiene including contamination, food-borne illnesses and legal responsibilities
- Available in online format only
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate fully accredited by RoSPA
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
Food Hygiene & Safety is mandatory for childcare staff in order for them to prepare foods for snacks and tea for the children. We ask all staff to complete the programme after their three month trial period. The training is convenient for the staff as they can complete the training online and in their own time.
- Romina Whitelock - Nursery Manager, Smartys Day Nursery