Theories underpinning the EYFS
This course looks at the psychological theories of early childhood learning and development that inform the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Looks at the psychological theories of early childhood learning and development that inform the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Refreshes the knowledge and understanding of level 3 and above qualified practitioners and provides an introduction to psychological theories of learning and development to those who are new to the early
- Outlines the interrelationships of physical, emotional and cognitive factors in a child’s early development and considers the early
yearspractitioner’s role in supporting young children’s secure attachment, learning and development.
What are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £10.50 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners. Discounts are available for
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 Hours
Target Audience Early Years
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- One module with
- One CPD credit
Optionalnarration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Partners / major users
What customers say
The training you provide is fantastic, we use the training for staff meetings and for updating our committee. Absolutely brilliant, we use the training all the time. We wouldn’t be without it.
Manager, Cholsey Pre-School