Providing a Healthy Food Environment in Early Years Settings
Endorsed by CACHE
The course contains a range of helpful tips and tricks for providing healthy food at mealtimes and for lunch boxes. The course was written by experts at the Early Years Nutrition Partnership in conjunction with the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
The course looks how to achieve a healthy, balanced diet in the early years by understanding the four main food groups, portion sizes for meals and packed lunches.
Course content includes:
- Nutrition Fundamentals for Children Aged One to Four
- Healthy Portion Sizes
- Healthy Packed Lunches
What are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £33.00 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners, Discounts are available for purchasing for more than ten people please email us for a quote.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 3 Hours
Target Audience Early Years, Parents,
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
- Three modules with three multiple-choice questionnaires
- Three CPD credits*
- Optional narration of the course modules and questionnaires for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
- Course id: 167
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
The training you provide is fantastic, we use the training for staff meeting and for updating our committee. Absolutely brilliant, we use the training all the time. We wouldn’t be without it.
Manager, Cholsey Pre-School