The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment
The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment is designed to help you understand what the Prevent duty is and what you need to do to comply.
From 1st July 2015, the Prevent duty came into force and all childcare providers must have regard to prevent people being drawn into terrorism. The Early Years Foundation Stage, Child Protection (3.4) already states that ‘Providers must be alert to any issues for concern in a child’s life at home or elsewhere. Providers must have and implement a policy, and procedures, to safeguard children’. Ofsted will now be asking providers as part of their inspections how they meet this duty.
The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment explains where 'Prevent' fits in with the government's overall counter-terrorism strategy. It looks at what early years settings are expected to do and builds your knowledge of what extremism and radicalisation are and what you should do if you have a concern about a child, young person or
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
- the government's counter-terrorism strategy and where the Prevent duty fits in
- what is expected of those in leadership positions in an early years environment
- what extremism and radicalisation are
- who may be at risk
- characteristics that may indicate a person is susceptible to radicalisation
- what providers must do to comply
- how Ofsted has incorporated Prevent into the new Common Inspection Framework (September 2015)
- support for individuals at risk
- what to do if you have a concern.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Test & Certificate
The Prevent Duty in an early years environment course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaire with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early Years
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Written with experts at the Pre-School Learning Alliance
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD credit
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- 'The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment' is free to all Early Years Alliance members and their staff as part of the benefits of membership
Partners / major users
What customers say
"Fantastic training opportunity to be able to offer the team and the test at the end enables me to have confidence that the practitioners have a good understanding of the training."
Hinckley Road Nursery