First Aid Essentials
First Aid Essentials, produced with West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, aims to give the confidence needed to react in an incident when someone urgently needs help.
The purpose of this course is to give you a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid. The course is not intended to teach you how to be a first aider, but it is designed to give you the confidence to know what to do when someone urgently needs your help.
This three-module course delivers three CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- providing basic life support
- how to react in life-threatening situations
- how to deal with someone who is choking, drowning, seizing, bleeding or having an allergic reaction
- what to do if somebody has a broken bone or experienced a burn
- how to handle day-to-day incidents such as nosebleeds, insect bites, stings, sprains and strains and sunburn.
First Aid Essentials, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £27.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of our training packages.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £27.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Provides a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Developed in conjunction with experts at West Midlands Ambulance Service Trust
- Certificate endorsed by the West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust provides evidence of learning
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
Accredited / endorsed by