Updated to reflect KCSIE 2018
Child Protection, endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives, is written to provide a basic awareness of child protection and introduces the fundamentals for anyone whose paid or unpaid work or leisure activity brings them into contact with children and young people.
Child protection is about protecting children from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect and keeping them safe from harm. It is about promoting the health and welfare of children and young people helping them to grow up in a safe and supportive environment.
This course is important for anyone that works with children and young people in any capacity to be aware of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
This five module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.
Child Protection, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £29.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
Child Protection is included in our bestselling training course packages which combine a range of courses into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Refresher Courses Available
Key features and benefits
Price £29.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 5 Hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work or voluntary activities
- Available in online format only
- Delivers 5 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives
- Certificate accredited by Kidscape and Family Live
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Course ID: 489
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
We put our Group Leaders through the Child Protection courses. For us, the main benefits of EduCare were that it covered the NVQ requirements and was a useful, flexible training tool to reach people who need the information but could not always attend a training session.
Jo Mortimer, Apprenticeship Course Manager, PGL Travel
This information was very new to me. It has opened my eyes and given me insight into things I always took for granted. It was very useful and informative and comes at an opportune moment for me since I am just starting at a Secondary School. The information learned will be fully applied. Thank you very much. You have changed my life.
Roselina Harris, Staff Officer of St. John Association