This course introduces common types of child maltreatment and the signs that might indicate a child is experiencing abuse. It also gives guidance on how to respond if you have safeguarding concerns or a child confides abuse to you.
This one module course covers:
- the difference between safeguarding and child protection
- the knowledge that safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibilityy
- a definition of child maltreatment and the four commonly recognised forms
- the physical and behavioural signs that may indicate a child is being abused
- examples of safe working practice
- the importance of being vigilant and reporting any concerns
- guidance on how to respond if you have a concern or a child confides abuse to you
- guidance on how to deal with allegations against staff
- the importance of sharing information about any safeguarding concerns.
Child Protection Basics for International Schools, what are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course can only be purchased as part of EduCare for Education service for international schools.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price Not for individual sale
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience International
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Optional narration of each module for accessibility.
- Additional resources to expand learning including videos and a list of links to helplines and support if you know or suspect someone is a victim of exploitation.
Partners / major users
What customers say
We put our Group Leaders through the Child Protection courses. For us, the main benefits of EduCare were that it covered the NVQ requirements and was a useful, flexible training tool to reach people who need the information but could not always attend a training session.
I really enjoyed completing the EduCare modules. I found them to be interesting, informative and easy to follow. I particularly liked the fact that the modules were complimented with narration and although my school initially requested that I only complete two modules, I actually ended up doing six! Thank you for putting these courses together.
British Schools Yangon