Child Neglect is written to raise your awareness of neglect and to help you to understand the factors that may contribute to it.
This purpose of this course is to raise your awareness of neglect and help you to understand the factors that may contribute to it. The signs and indicators of neglect will be covered and this course will help you recognise and know what action you should take to report it. Finally, there is advice on how you can support a child or young person who is experiencing neglect.
This course is suitable for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people of any age in any setting.
- what neglect is and how common it is
- the different areas of a child or young person's life that neglect may touch and the cost of neglect to society
- the key components of effective parenting and the factors that may contribute to child neglect
- the work of professionals in children's social care, whose job it is to weigh up all the factors and consider interventions to protect children who may be at risk of harm
- the signs and indicators that should alert you to the possibility a child or young person is being neglected and how to report your concerns.
Child Neglect 11 - 18, what are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience Secondary Education
- Written for people who have already undergone basic child protection training
- The Child Neglect course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Features audio clips of children's experiences
- Available online
- Delivers 3 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by