The EduCare e-learning courses are accessed via a secure, web-based learning environment referred to generically as a Learning Management System (LMS).
Desktop browser support
The recommended minimum browser: recent Google Chrome, recent Firefox, Safari 9, Internet Explorer 9.
The EduCare LMS and e-learning content will work various hardware platforms, but the following is an example of a minimum specification that would be expected to deliver a rich, interactive user experience:
- PC or Mac
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or above, Modern Linux variant
- 32-bit colour graphics
- Keyboard and mouse
- Recommended minimum browser: Latest Google Chrome, latest Firefox, Safari 9, Internet Explorer 9
- It is strongly recommended to use the latest version of Flash player
Mobile device support
The EduCare LMS includes several mobile-specific features and we aim to ensure that the product is usable both on traditional computers and on mobile devices. Areas such as navigation, expandable/collapsible sections, and actions should all work with both traditional and mobile controls. Our responsive theme provides will re-flow for smaller resolutions to give the best possible user experience.
Mobile browser support
The following list of mobile browsers is supported:
- iOS Safari: Version 9 and above
- Android browser: Version 4.4 and above
- Chrome for Android: Version 47 and above
Your IT support
In order to minimise the possibility of delays when first accessing our website, services or courses, we recommend that your IT department check the following points:
- Ensure emails from @educare.co.uk email addresses are whitelisted
- The EduCare LMS domain (myeducare.com) should be made a trusted site
- Ensure the following IP addresses are whitelisted:
- Pop-up browser windows should be allowed
- Video streaming may need to be permitted through the IT firewall
- IT department to check the web proxy settings and/or their firewall rules
- Both Flash and HTML5 content is used within the training courses depending on your browser. We recommend you install the latest version of your web browser along with Adobe Flash Player 10 or above
- Ensure an adequate broadband connection for the number of learners.
If you experience any problems:
- ensure you have a stable broadband connection
- close the LMS and starting your session again
- clear your cache
- accept cookies
- ensure private browsing and pop-up blockers are turned off.
If you require further information please contact us.