EduCare and YoungMinds: NEW Mental Health and Wellbeing Training Course
After Theresa May highlighted the need to change attitudes to Mental Health, EduCare
To ensure our courses remain of the highest quality, we work with leading experts in their field to produce content. We are delighted to announce that we will be working with YoungMinds, the UK’s leading charity championing the
The first course they are preparing will cover advice for people working with children and young people and is due to be released later on this year.
This course will be included in our
YoungMinds Mental Health Training Course - under development
The course will give a general introduction to children and young people’s mental health, developed with insight from young people, parents and professionals. It will be aimed at school staff to help them to understand mental health, to spot signs that their pupils might be struggling, and to understand how this can impact on behaviour, attendance and attainment. We will cover what teachers and school staff can do to have a positive impact on young people’s mental health and how they can help to build their resilience.
Content is expected to cover:
- What we know are the most common mental health issues and illnesses that young people face
- What we can do to support young people experiencing, or at risk of, mental health problems
- Signs and symptoms that young people might be experiencing mental illness
- Myths and stigma
- Identifying risk factors in young people’s lives and putting in place protective factors
- What young people tell us makes a difference
- Finding and building resilience in pupils, in ourselves, our workplaces and networks
- Signposting to sources of guidance, help and support.
Everyone who purchases EduCare for Education® will automatically receive the new course as soon as it is available, at no extra cost.
To find out more or request a quote, speak to one of our advisors today; call us on 01926 436 212 or complete the enquiry form below.