Understanding the Role of the Safeguarding Lead for International Schools
This one module interactive course is for anyone who works or volunteers with children and young people in international school settings. It aims to improve your awareness of the importance of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL), to develop your understanding of the role in greater detail, and to show how the role relates to your own position.
The course outlines some key statistics on global child abuse and neglect as a means of providing some perspective and highlights the importance of understanding the child welfare legislation in your own nation or territory. It also includes information on the training and specific role responsibilities required of the safeguarding lead. It covers the process for appointing a DSL, the role of governance over the DSL, and the locations and times where and when it is the DSL’s responsibility to ensure that children are safe. Examples throughout aid understanding and embed learning.
This course provides insights into the responsibility of the DSL to train staff, to raise awareness of safeguarding, and to provide support in safer recruitment processes for new staff. It also discusses the responsibility of all staff to report their concerns to the DSL, and the next steps required of the DSL.
What are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our online learning service for international schools which combines a wide range of courses and a robust reporting suite into one cost-effective package.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price Not for individual sale
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- One module with multiple choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The great thing with the package is that it is easily accessible and training records can be downloaded onto excel. The governing board complete courses on a termly basis. So far they have covered child protection, online exploitation, prevent and SEND code of practice.
Head teacher, Morchard Bishop Primary School